Pickle-How to Make Punjabi Mango Pickle Recipe?
How to Make Punjabi Mango Pickle Recipe?
Ingredients to be used for Mango Pickle :
30 grams Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
6 teaspoons aniseed
15 grams Onions seeds (Kalonji)
1 kg raw Mangoes (Aam)
150 grams Salt (Namak)
7 grams Turmeric (Haldi)
2 1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
How to make mango pickle –
- First of all you have to remove the stones and cut the mangoes into big pieces and rub all the ground spices – salt, red chilli, 12 teaspoons mustard oil and turmeric – on mango pieces.
- Now put in a jar and keep for two days in the sun and shake it daily.
- Then pour rest of the oil and leave for 15 days but not in the sun.
- Shake it every other day and serve after 20 days.
- This pickle can be kept for one to two years. Be careful to keep mango pieces covered with oil.
You may Like to Read More –