Carrot Pickle-Gajar Ka Achar
- 3 cups water
- 230gms carrots (scraped and cut into 2″long sticks)
- 11/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 th tsp each ground mace, cloves and cardamom
- 2tsp salt
- 1/4 th cup shredded jaggery (gur)
- 1/3rd cup mustard oil
How to make Carrot Pickle-
- First of all you have to boil the water in 2-litre saucepan. And then add carrots and blanch for a minute. Now, drain the water and then spread carrots on a clean cloth and sundry (or spread them on a towel lined cookie tray and air dry in an oven (200-degree Fahrenheit) for an hour).
- Now you have to mix the mace, cloves, cardamom, salt and jiggery and now add the carrots and toss to mix. Transfer to a sterilized glass jar.
- Then pour the mustard oil into a small saucepan and place it over a moderate heat.
- As soon as oil begins to smoke remove it from the heat and cool it for 4 minutes, then pour it into the jar and cover it with a clean cloth. Set the jar in sunlight for 13-14 days, bringing it indoor evrynight.
Shake the jar two or three